Download our FREE smartphone app today!
At Chobham Academy, we value the diverse nature of our community, and we are keen to highlight the importance of language learning in multi-national London. Therefore, we offer students the opportunity to take a language that they speak at home for a GCSE or A-Level. This gives them an excellent opportunity to have an additional GCSE or A-Level and a real qualification in their home language.
There are different examination boards that offer Community Languages and courses will vary slightly for each exam board, so it is important that you read carefully the exam specifications you can find on this page, as well as examples of assessment resources. It is essential that students familiarise themselves with the content, both vocabulary and grammar.
Please note that you will find here:
- an Excel spreadsheet with the specs at a glance, setting out clearly and concisely what the exams will look like and how students are assessed in the summer exams
- a more detailed document going through the exams, the requirements, the content and the list of literary texts and films (for A-level) that students can choose from for A-level examinations (we would encourage students to choose the material they feel most comfortable with. Please help them in their decision if you are familiar with some of the material yourselves)
- Examples of assessment resources for both GCSE and A-levels.
Please note that students will be asked to pick a writing paper of their choice from the pack and to complete under exam (and time) conditions, and return to Mr Theau by Friday, December 18th (GCSE) and Friday, February 12th, 2021 (A-levels).
A gentle reminder of what is on offer:
- Access to specifications, past papers, mark schemes and resources
- Guidance on the format of exams
- Entry to all the relevant modules for the formal examination
- Organisation of speaking and writing examinations
- further guidance and help (not private tuition) in French, Spanish, German and Italian
However, we have not got the capacity to offer students lessons or tuition in the language they wish to be entered for.
If you would like more information on the courses in general, please contact either Mr Theau (Community Languages Lead) at S.Theau@chobhamacademy.org.uk or Mr Oliveira (Exams Officer) at V.Oliveira@chobhamacademy.org.uk.
Subject Lead Spanish
Community Languages Co-Ordinator
|Arabic GCSE||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Exam Specifications at a glance 2020 21||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|French GCSE||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Hebrew GCSE||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Italian GCSE||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Panjabi GCSE||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Persian GCSE||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Polish GCSE||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Portuguese GCSE||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Russian GCSE||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Spanish GCSE||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Turkish GCSE||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Urdu GCSE||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Arabic GCSE Assessment Material||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|GCSE assessment material AQA examinations||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Persian GCSE Assessment Material||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Turkish GCSE Assessment Material||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Russian GCSE Assessment Material||26th Nov 2020||Download|
|Portuguese GCSE Assessment Material||26th Nov 2020||Download|